Please read carefully the essential functions of the position that you are applying for. It is the policy of Camp Foley to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. Please contact us if you have any questions.
For all positions
- Emotional resiliency (handles stressful situations appropriately) and cognitive abilities (mental skills necessary) to carry out job responsibilities
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate professional relationships
- Interpersonal skills (skills used to reduce stress, reduce conflict, improve communication, enhance intimacy, increase understanding, and promote joy) to interact effectively with individuals and groups respecting social and cultural diversity and to maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Physical endurance to be on one’s feet walking, bending, twisting, reaching above head, carrying items, in other words, being physically active, for 4 continuous hours and the ability to run or walk fast 1/8 of a mile without stopping
- Ability to read, understand and follow printed instructions in English
- Ability to work in a variety of outside weather conditions – heat, cold, humidity, wind, precipitation, lake water, wooded areas and environmental factors associated with the out of doors.
- Personal skills, certifications and experience to perform responsibilities in position(s) applied and/or hired for
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attentiveness to details to equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care, and maintenance is adhered to
For all Counselors, Specialists, Directors, Assistant Directors, and Nursing Positions
- Ability to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, injury)
- Assures and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques
- Possess visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the camp program
- Ability to describe, in grammatically correct English, a camper’s experience in a one-page letter
For Support Staff Position – Janitorial and Food Service
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, reach, use hands/fingers (dexterity) and lift up to 10 pounds
- Upper body strength to mop for two continuous hours
- Ability to work in heat, with chemicals, and frequently lift up to 25 pounds
- Dexterity and coordination to operate janitorial and/or kitchen equipment safely