If you’re a first-time camper, then this list is definitely for you!
1. Register early to get the session that best works into your summer plans.
4. Practice your independence. Start packing yourself for vacations and overnights. Start eating a variety of foods and try new foods! Do your chores without reminders. Try something new without friends and make new friends!
5. Practice making new friends! A smile and good listening skills can go a long way!
6. Spend a night or weekend away from home. Stay with a friend or family member. Remember, you can’t call home while you’re at camp so try not to on your overnight!
7. Become a better swimmer. Work on treading water for five minutes and swimming 50 yards – two parts of the first day of camp swim test.
8. Locate camp on a map. Show your friends where Camp Foley is in Minnesota - due west of Duluth in the center of the state on Whitefish Lake.
9. Share the camp address with family and friends. Let people know when you’ll be at camp so they can write you letters!
Your Name & Pack Group*
9303 Father Foley Drive
Pine River, MN 56474
Fox- Going into 5th grade and younger
Coyote- Going into 6th, 7th and 8th grade
Wolf- Going into 9th grade and older
10. Help your family adjust to your absence. Remind your family to write to you or send an email while you are at camp – but no packages. Leave a note about feeding pets, taking phone messages and not going in your room and include that you love and miss them!
11. Help pack yourself for camp. Bring some photos, a favorite stuffed animal and the book you’re reading to camp. But don’t over pack – you’ll have to carry your luggage to your cabin and take care of the things you bring.
12. RELAX! Put on a smile and remember that everyone is anxious - even returning campers! Just be friendly and be yourself! Your counselors will be there to help you find your bunk, introduce you to cabinmates and guide you through camp.