Don't forget to write your name on everything you bring. Read the Dress Code for more information.
Packing list is based on a two-week session. Three and Four week campers have their laundry done after two weeks.
**Mandatory for Summer 2018**
Attention returning campers, lanyards and name tags are required at camp. Forgotten lanyards and nametags can be replaced for $2. It is optional to replace the pins you have already received at a cost of $5/pin. All campers who did not attend camp in 2017 will be gifted a lanyard and in addition returning campers who did not attend camp in 2017 will receive the appropriate pins for all completed previous summers at camp.
- 4 pairs of jeans
- 2 pairs of sweatpants
- 6 pairs of shorts
- 2 long-sleeve shirts
- 10 short-sleeve shirts/tank tops
- Socks (enough for two weeks)
- Undergarments (enough for two weeks)
- 2 swimsuits (girls: one piece or modest tankinis, boys: swim trunks) – See the Dress Code
- 1 pair of water shoes (Teva, Chaco, Crocs, aqua sock, etc.) – Water shoes with a heel strap must be worn at all Marina activities
- 1 pair of athletic shoes
- 2 sweatshirts or fleece pullovers
- 1 light jacket or windbreaker
- 1 rain jacket or poncho
- 1 bandana – Required for Biking, Climbing and Paintball
- 1 hat
- Casual dress clothes for Saturday Mass or Nondenominational Service
- Flip flops to wear in the showers and around camp – Flip flops do NOT count as water shoes
- Dress-up clothes for skits, lip syncs, special days (glow in the dark stuff, 4th of July if coming 2nd session).
- First & Third Session Theme: Mad Scientist (lab coats, wild hair, glasses… you know the drill!)
- Second & Fourth Session Theme: Around the World: Celebrating Heritage (tourist-like outfit or dress as though you are a local in your favorite region of the world!)
Note: No aerosol cans
- Insect repellent (DEET 30%)
- Lip balm with SPF
- Hair brush/comb
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Sunscreen (30 spf minimum)
- Prescription and over-the-counter medication for the entire one, two or four weeks
- Shower caddy (best with holes for draining water)
- Duffel bags (with wheels) – Used for packing, maximum: two bags, no trunks
- Sleeping bag – Fiber-filled is recommended
- USCG approved lifejacket (Vest Type III)
- Water bottle
- Stationery, stamps, envelopes, pens, etc. – Campers must write a letter home during their stay
- MP3 player – NO iPads/iPhones (even if the service is turned off or SIM cards removed)
- Books/cards/card games
- Musical instruments – Please let the office know prior to camp
- Tennis racket
- Fishing equipment
- Paintball helmets/goggles – Campers may not bring their own markers
- Swim goggles
- Camp Chair (pic below)
Two and Four Week Sessions
- 1 heavy blanket
- 1 set of twin sheets (1 fitted, 1 flat, 1 pillowcase – 2 sets for four-week campers)
- 1 pillow
- 3 beach towels
- 1 laundry bag
- Optional: Mattress pad
One Week Sessions
- Sleeping bag
- 1 twin-sized fitted sheet
- 1 pillow
- 2 beach towels
- 1 laundry bag
Leave It At Home!
- Tablets (iPad), laptops, cellphones and handheld games will be collected, labeled and safely stored in the camp office until departure day. Even old cellphones with no SIM card or the service turned off will be collected. Camp Foley reserves the right to confiscate cellphones that are not turned in honestly and reserves the right to mail those cellphones home to parents.
- Electronics that require an electrical outlet such as fans, iHomes/CD players, electric blankets, plug-in lights, etc. are not permitted.
- In order to support a natural and simplistic lifestyle, please leave makeup, curling irons, straighteners, blow-dryers, etc. at home.
- Animals (caged and non-caged) are not permitted.
- Weapons (including firearms, bows and arrows, martial arts weapons, paintball markers and knives of all kinds) and fireworks are not permitted.
- Food, candy, bottled water, gum, soda pop, etc. will be collected and discarded or donate to the local food shelf.
- Clothing items that do not adhere to the Dress Code will not be tolerated.
- Controlled substances including but not limited to: Tabacco, alcohol, medications (unless perscribed and turned in to camp nurse), eCigarettes and illegal drugs.
We ask that everyone in the Camp Foley community adhere to the following guidelines:
- Midriffs are covered at all times – even at the waterfront
- "Cheeks" covered in shorts and skirts
- Pants should never reveal undergarments – belts are wonderful!
- Shirts and swimsuits must have two straps or sleeves
- No cleavage or revealing tops
- Clothing must not advertise alcohol, tobacco, profanity or have suggestive context
- Dangling earrings are not allowed at activities for safety reasons - campers/staff may wear small studs or posts
- Lifejackets will be worn when on a watercraft
- Athletic shoes will be worn for games on fields and courts and at climbing, biking, paintball, etc.
- Flip flops and slide-on sandals will not be worn as water shoes
- No camper may alter their appearance at camp by cutting their hair, piercing their ears, etc.