This is a challenging, yet very rewarding job.
It is a 24-hour job working with kids! Be prepared to:
- Be surrounded by kids... in your sleep, while you eat, while you work, while you play!
- Put kids first, give kids choices, help kids become leaders, and develop positive relationships with kids!
- Follow a code of living and be a positive role model all the time... use positive language, smile, set a good example, greet people, engage in conversation, be inclusive, and give 110% of yourself all the time.
It is community living! Be prepared to:
- Have limited personal storage space, limited food choices, and limited time to communicate with family and friends... this is not like college, with a large cafeteria or unlimited access to phone and email!
- Sleep with up to 12 other people in one room...complete with noises, snoring, tossing in one's sleep, and grinding teeth!
- Share a bathroom facility with up to 80 other people...expect to wait in line and enjoy at least one cold shower!
- Support all camp rules and policies willingly, even if you may not agree with them at the moment.
It is CAMP! Be prepared to:
- See some beautiful sunsets... while dealing with lots of ticks and mosquitoes!
- Make some friends that will last a lifetime ... while smelling of sweat and coated with dirt!
- See kids smiling ... while being drained of all physical and emotional energy!
- Have new personal experiences ... while at times feeling uneasy or out of your element!
Not Everyone Wants To....
- Have a job that will affect their life forever
- Gain leadership skills
- Become a part of an amazing team
- Make a difference in the life of a child.