Are you registered for camp? You must be registered for camp before you apply to be an LIT. Talk to your parents and get registered!
Be an LIT 1
Camp Foley LIT 1s are going into 9th grade AND/OR have never been a part of the Leadership Program. Participants must be highly motivated, ready to work (and play) hard. We're looking for campers who are willing to take on the additional responsibility and challenges of leadership in the Foley community.
What You'll Do
LIT Classes: One activity period of one 3-day sign up is dedicated to LIT Class. This class will help you build the leadership skills - teamwork, motivation, problem solving, planning, presenting, etc. - and give you time to plan any programming you're responsible for while at camp. LIT classes will be taught by a Foley counselor who will act as your Leadership Mentor while you're at camp.
Special Programming: Younger Camper Focus : Each LIT will be the Big Brother/Sister to a younger camper. It will be the LIT’s responsibility to “send” mail, spend a morning fun or free swim, eat the picnic with, and be there daily as a positive role model for their younger buddy.
Daily Responsibilities: LITs are expected to step up and lead within the camp community. This includes (but is not limited to:) leading grace, presenting the day's morning virtue, collecting cups in the Dining Hall, pouring milk at outdoor meals, assisting at Canteen, helping collect and distribute lost and found, helping pass out mail or activity signups or assisting a counselor briefly at an activity or doing behind the scenes work.
One Last Thing
We require that participants are willing to act responsibly and respectfully as a part of our Leadership Program. Participants must be willing to learn and get along with others.
- An LIT is committed to doing their best to live as a role model in our camp community.
- Participants who fell short of following the Camp Foley Code of Living or adhering to camp policies in the past may not be eligible for the LIT program.
- Participants who fall short of following the Camp Foley Code of Living or adhering to camp policies while in the Leadership Program may be removed from the program and become ineligible to participate in the future.
- Completion of the LIT program does not necessarily mean that a camper is guaranteed an invitation or acceptation into the CIT program.
- Due to all of the unique opportunities of the LIT program, participants will only be able to commit to doing dishes six times in a two-week session.
- LIT 1 is for campers going in to 9th grade next fall AND/OR who are new to the Leadership Program.
- Someone from Foley will contact you via Facebook or email to set up a time to complete your 15 minute interview.
- At the conclusion of your interview you will be asked to sign and send back the "Keys to Success" - this will be emailed to you.
- Get ready to have fun and be a leader in the Foley community!