Camp Moves Me A Yearly Success!
Can We Keep the Top Spot?
(2019) To join the movement this year just dedicate your October exercise (running, biking, swimming, hiking, walking, kayaking/canoeing, golfing etc.) and ask family and friends for donations. You can also change these up a bit, you just need to participate in something that you can calculate miles. Donations go directly into the Camp Foley Scholarship Fund, thus directly impacting our campers. 90% of the money raised will be deposited into our fund so we can help get more kids to camp next summer (the other 10% goes to the American Camp Association). Camp Foley always absorbs half the cost of every scholarship camper that comes to Foley, essentially matching every dollar that is donated.
We had an amazing 2018 campaign as our efforts landed us the top spot for the national fundraiser. Being the #1 fund raising camp in the Nation was due to the strong efforts of our 20 participants and 130 amazing donors! We are so thankful for all of our donors and support. Our grand total raised of $15,213 was almost double of what our original goal was. Thank you to everyone who has helped make this another successful Camp Moves Me campaign and help raise funds for more kids to come experience a summer at Foley!
Our goal: $12,000 - we can do it!
Check out the three ways to participate below! It's never too early to start planning how you can help be a part of this campaign.
1. Get Moving Yourself!
Set up a page, make a goal, ask for pledges and get moving! Follow the instructions below:
- Click on this link and then click on "Participant Sign Up" link (see image below).
- Enter 1 to register yourself and click Select Registration (the blue rectangle in lower right hand side).
- Make sure 1 is listed and it says "FREE", then click the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT button.
- Fill out your information. Camp Foley should already be filled in on the "Camp" line. If it is not, select it from the dropdown menu.
- Click Next. Enter your information to create an account with RallyUp. If you had an account from the previous year or other fundraisers, you can login with that username and password.
- Click through the remainder of the registration process and make sure your information is correct and entered as needed.
- Finalize your registration.
- Then go find donors! Talk to friends, family, other campers, staff or alums. Be sure to include a personal message about how much Camp Foley has meant to you. They can pledge per mile or do a lump sum donation (for example, a donor might pledge $1 for every mile you run. If you run 10 miles in the month, then the donor will give $10. Or the donor can also pledge a flat fee amount). You will be sent an email from RallyUp with a unique weblink to give to your donors to make it super easy.
2. Support a Foley Participant!
If you just don't have the time, desire or want to move yourself, consider donating to one of the camp campers, staff or alums that are participating. Follow the instructions below and THANKS! It is because of people like you we can continue to offer camp to those that may not otherwise be able to afford it.
We have many participants that are walking, running and rollerblading for donations!
1. Follow this link.
2. Find the Foley participant you wish to support and CLICK on their name in blue.
3. On the participants home page, click the green DONATE button.
4. Select your per-mile or flat amount donation. The participant name should be auto filled.
5. Click on the green Next button and follow the steps until you're done!
6. Be sure to check back often to follow their progress.
3. Support Camp Foley as a Whole!
Not sure which member you want to contribute to or don't have anyone participating that you know? That is ok! Donate to the Camp Foley campaign as a whole.
1. Follow this link.
2. Click on the green DONATE button.
3. Select your per-mile or flat amount donation. Camp Foley should be auto filled as the camp to get credit for the donation.
4. Click on the green NEXT button and follow the steps until you're done!