All Foley Summer Camp Counselors:
1. Live in a cabin with a group of children and work cooperatively with at least one other counselor - Cabin counselors have an important role in creating and maintaining a safe environment, developing meaningful relationships with the campers, and providing leadership opportunities for the campers. They give campers choice and a say in their cabin group and play with them. You develop character traits in your campers by your example and encouragement.
2. Help with the physical work of camp - Throughout the 10 weeks you are at camp, you will be assigned to do approximately 60 hours of cleaning (i.e. cabins, windows, bathrooms), food service (i.e. prep, cleanup) and/or grounds work (i.e. lawn care, raking). Some of this might be done in larger 8 hour chunks of time (the last day of camp) and sometimes in smaller 1 or 2 hour blocks.
3. Assist in planning, implementing, and supervising activities, programs, and special events - as assigned, and demonstrate flexibility in response to the changing needs of the camp community.
4. Complete written documentation for your cabin and activity groups- Letters are written to each child’s parents at the end of each session. In addition, you will be asked to help with documentation at your activity areas and in your cabins.
5. Create a "cabin family" and assume responsibilities similar to parents - motivating kids to care for themselves and their belongings, listening to them, supervision, playing games, reading to them and more!
6. Conduct themselves responsibly at all times - Adjust personal habits to the philosophy, policies, and ideals of the camp.
In addtion to ALL of that...
Each counselor teaches 2-3 of the following activities:
*Must come to camp certified in Lifeguard, 1st Aid and CPR.
Media Specialist (Video and Photo)
Assistant or Head Cook